Vaulted Great Room with Central Apex
About This Plan
- This house plan is a hexagon with wings- inside you find yourself standing in a window-rich, vaulted great room where six pie-shaped sections of ceiling slope up to a lofty central apex.
- This home plan is designed for construction on a slope to the rear. That puts the entrance at ground level, while elevating the panoramic deck that wraps across the rear, one flight up from the ground. From the rear, it looks like a two-story house plan. The undeveloped daylight basement can be converted to living space.
- Dining and living room flow together, filling the windowed half of the great room. On one side, a masonry fireplace provides warmth and color when the days turn dark and dreary.
- The cook stove in the spacious kitchen faces the dining room. Counter space is in good supply, and a roomy pantry expands the available storage.
- Utilities are nearby, just a few steps across the vaulted entry. A deep sink is built in, along with storage cabinets over the appliances.
- The master suite, along with the secondary bedrooms, have wide windows with rear views. The master suite and one other bedroom also have sliders that provide deck access.
- Other master suite amenities include: a large sitting area, huge walk-in closet, and plush bathroom outfitted with a double vanity, shower, private water closet, and spa.
- A curved driveway sweeps across the front, leading into the home plan's two-car garage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,375 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,375 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Daylight
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 79' 0"
- Depth: 70' 2"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 566 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available
- MBR Sitting Area
- Split Bedrooms