Vaulted Master with Balcony
About This Plan
- Painted shutters and an open-beam, gabled balcony add to the charm of this midsize two-story home plan.
- One unusual feature is that the right elevation is equally attractive. Stepped gables there form a backdrop for tall multipaned windows that flank a handsome stucco chimney. Consequently, a prospective homeowner with a wide lot might prefer to orient the layout with the right side facing the street.
- Richly windowed on all sides, this home is naturally bright and feels open and spacious throughout. More ambient light spills down through skylights, illuminating the upper-level balcony/landing, as well as the foyer, built-in desk and hutch below.
- The vaulted living room also has two skylights, along with dramatic quarter-round windows on both sides of the fireplace.
- Kitchen, nook and family room are open. The half-octagonal nook is cozy and sunny.
- Upstairs you'll find tthe vaulted master suite with deep spa tub. Other amenities here include twin vanities, roomy walk-in closet and separately enclosed shower and toilet. The railed and covered balcony offers a refreshing and somewhat private getaway/lounging area.
- Storage space lines the hallway to the secondary bedrooms and their shared bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,152 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,134 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,018 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 4"
- Depth: 42' 6"
- Max ridge height: 28' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 684 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss