Victorian Styling in a Small Package
About This Plan
- This modest one-story plan nevertheless provides authentic Victorian styling, including high ceilings in most rooms, gables trimmed with gingerbread, a dramatic turret, oval and round windows and a covered front porch.
- A corner fireplace dominates the great room, also notable for its 10-foot stepped ceiling. A convenient pass-through separates the great room from the galley-style kitchen. Both the adjacent dining room and the great room overlook the backyard. The turreted breakfast room could easily be used as a family room. Nearby, the good-sized laundry room contains a pantry closet.
- Secluded on one side of the house and in back, the master suite is a true retreat. A 10-foot stepped ceiling and a cozy window seat are features of the bedroom, while the compartmented bath includes a walk-in closet, a dressing area, two sinks, garden tub and separate shower.
- Two other bedrooms share a full bath.
- Related Plan: See house plan 3876JA for a larger version at 1,800 sq. ft.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,466 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,466 sq. ft.
- Deck: 231 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,498 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 39' 10"
- Max ridge height: 25' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 483 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick