Welcoming Brick and Glass Home Plan
About This Plan
- An artful arrangement of brick and glass blends to give the house plan a look that's at once stately and welcoming. Handsome masonry columns support the soaring keystone-crowned arched portico that frames the two-story entry. Arched windows and foliage spil over the edges of the raised brick planter.
- Light washes in through two-story walls of glass in the two-story high foyer and great room. From the balcony at the second-story landing you can overlook both spaces. This informal plan has no living room.
- A bright, lofty and spacious great room is open to the kitchen and nook. The fireplace provides color and warmth. It's nestled between storage shelves and an entertainment center with overhead shelves. In the kitchen has a large work island adds counter space.
- Utilities are out of the way but easy to get to, tucked in an alcove off the hallway that connects the kitchen, dining room and three-car garage.
- The boxed bay that expands the home plan's master suite is an ideal location for a cozy window seat. Other features include a deep walk-in closet, and a private two-section bathroom. Soft natural light filters in through the glass block wall next to the deep soaking tub. The shower and toilet can be isolated for steam containment and added privacy.
- Two bedrooms, a dual-compartment bathroom and a huge bonus room are upstairs.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,571 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,959 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 612 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,959 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 408 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 80' 8"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 888 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss