Welcoming Contemporary Ranch
About This Plan
- This contemporary ranch house plan has an open, welcoming look. Sidelights flank the door, and a wealth of additional windows sparkles across the front.
- Shake-textured siding accents the upper triangles of each of its four front gables, while brick veneer columns and cladding bespeaks permanence. Each of the four shining coach lights is backed by a framed rectangle of custom brick, set in an intriguing herringbone pattern.
- This single-level plan is traditional in the placement of a living room and dining room, accessed via mirror-image arched openings off the foyer. Built-in hutches flank the living room's mess-free gas fireplace, while another long hutch in the dining room fills about half of one side wall. A nearby opening feeds into the hallway and kitchen.
- The family room is almost entirely open to the kitchen and nook. A gracefully arched opening marks the boundary, in tandem with a raised counter and eating bar.
- Working at the built-in cook top gives you great views. A sliding glass door fills the widest wall of the bayed nook, so this space is naturally bright. It also boasts an abundance of counters and cupboards.
- A second gas fireplace serves as a focal point in the family room. Light washes in through slender windows on both sides.
- A wide window bay expands the master suite. Both walk-in closets are roomy.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,858 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,858 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 72' 0"
- Depth: 58' 4"
- Max ridge height: 25' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 591 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss