Welcoming Family Home with Squared Columns
About This Plan
- Squared columns, each supported by a stone pedestal, give a distinctive look to the wrap-around front porch that welcomes visitors to this house plan. Arched windows and a small gable add to the charm of this mid-sized family home. Inside, a coffered ceiling and bay windows give a touch of elegance to the living room.
- Light from the gable spills down to brighten the vaulted entry and family room. Standing at the kitchen sink, you face into the family room or nook, and can also gaze out into the back yard. This angled island can also be outfitted as an eating bar. A step-in pantry that nestles into the corner provides ample storage space for canned goods and staple items.
- Windows fill most of the rear wall. One set flanks the fireplace and another set slides open to provide easy access to a patio that spans the home's entire back side. A small utility room is on the left.
- The master suite is vaulted and also has sliding glass doors. This comes in particularly handy for those who choose to install a hot tub on the deck or patio. Other amenities include a walk-in closet and private bathroom with double vanity. Shower and toilet are separately enclosed, for privacy and steam containment.
- Secondary bedrooms are well separated from the master suite and share a two-section bathroom with a combination tub and shower. The front bedroom is vaulted.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,011 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,011 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 387 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 69' 0"
- Depth: 52' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 624 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss