About This Plan
- Three pedimented dormers and a full-width porch edged with rugged columns help countrify this bucolic cottage.
- Batten-board shutters trim both the entryway and the first-floor windows, further enhancing the provincial flavor of the design.
- Inside, the compact floorplan is designed for maximum efficiency.
- The living room is a showpiece, its vaulted ceiling soaring a breathtaking twenty-six feet. Towering custom glass set atop casement windows flood the space with light while a hearth fireplace with an exposed flue warms the space.
- The corner kitchen is convenient to both the living room and the dining room. Its counters are stylishly angled, and a pass-thru makes meal service easy.
- A large utility room and the guest half-bath complete the first floor.
- A nine-foot ceiling augments the spacious feeling of the master bedroom. Multiple dormers help illuminate the room as well as the large walk-in closet. The bathroom is shared with the sleeping loft that overlooks the living room.
- The loft may be enclosed for privacy if desired.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,065 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 575 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 490 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 24' 0"
- Depth: 31' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- 2nd Floor Master Suite