Wide Open Gathering Space at Rear
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Craftsman elements and a prairie-style hipped roof give an intriguing appearance to this home plan. Craftsman features include windows with multipaned uppers, and the tapered wooden columns set atop stone veneer bases.
- Entering via the nostalgic front porch, you step into a vaulted entry that slopes up toward the rear. An arched opening on the right leads to a full bathroom and two bedrooms.
- Just past a 10-foot-high display shelf at the far end of the hall, the space opens out into a vaulted, window-bright gathering space that comprises a living room, dining room, and kitchen. The ceiling slopes down toward the rear, where sliding glass doors provide access to a partially covered patio. A mess-free gas fireplace nestles into the living room's inner corner.
- A flush eating bar rims the side of a peninsular counter that bounds the C-shaped kitchen, transforming it into more of a G shape. The built-in desk there is convenient to both the dining area and the kitchen, while a roomy walk-in pantry fills one entire corner. A wide window fronts the kitchen sink, allowing those working there to keep an eye on the backyard.
- An arched opening near the fireplace leads into a hallway with links to the den, owners' suite, and a pass-through utility room that connects with the two-car garage. If desirable for use as a home office, a door could be added to provide a more direct path between the Riverside's entry and den.
- The owners' suite has a private bathroom with a dual vanity, and a separately enclosed toilet and shower. Pocket doors to the large walk-in closet allow entry or concealment.