500 Square Foot Smart-sized One-bedroom Home Plan
About This Plan
- This 500 square foot design is a great example of a smart-sized one bedroom home plan. Build this model in a pocket neighborhood or as a backyard ADU as the perfect retirement home.
- A generous kitchen space has room for full-size appliances, including a dishwasher. The sink peninsula connects the living area with bar-top seating.
- A back porch is located off of the vaulted living area with a tall window wall offering lots of light.
- The big bedroom with lots of furniture space features a 9' tray ceiling.
- The interior look and feel of the 'McMansion' that was sold to fund that long awaited simple life.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 500 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 500 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 37 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 86 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Monolithic Slab
- Optional Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 26' 0"
- Depth: 26' 0"
- Max ridge height: 17' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 1"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick