A House for All Ages
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- A bold column-covered porch and walkway wrap around this home, a distinctive compact plan with a delightfully extensive and open central living area. Vaulted ceilings add volume, creating a sense of spaciousness throughout, while the plan's nearly square footprint allows construction on a fairly small city lot.
- Entering, you step into an exceptionally bright living area where living room, dining room and kitchen flow together in one large, comfortable space. Generously placed Craftsman-style windows line two walls and fill a wide window bay that expands the dining area. Still more natural light washes down through two skylights, widely spaced.
- When days are dreary and nights are long, the central fireplace offers solace, warmth and cheer. Some families enjoy savoring the scent and ritual of burning wood, while others prefer the ease and cleanliness of gas-fed flames. The choice is yours.
- Storage and counter space are ample in a kitchen where the cooks and clean-up crew need never feel isolated. Working at the angled island, you can keep tabs on everything. The large walk-in pantry is mere steps away, just outside a large utility room with counters, cabinets and a deep sink. Another walk-in closet at the rear offers additional storage.
- The master suite has a wide bank of windows facing the rear yard. One pocket door sections off the bathroom from the sleeping area. Inside, another seals off the walk-in closet, while a conventional door provides full privacy for the toilet. Twin lavs anchor the corner vanity.
- This home plan is equally well-suited to the needs of young families, singles and empty nesters seeking to downsize. It's also easily adapted to wheelchair accessibility.