Bright And Open Cottage
About This Plan
- Shake and lap siding combine with cultured stone veneer to make the this house plan a treat for the eyes. This country cottage is designed for a lot that slopes down at the rear.
- Inside, windows frame and crown a gas fireplace that serves as a focal point in the vaulted great room. This lofty space segues seamlessly into the dining room. Only a drop in ceiling height marks the transition.
- Sliding doors in the dining room allow easy access to a wide, partially covered railed deck that spans much of the rear. From the kitchen you can gaze out across the raised eating bar to watch fireplace flames, or keep tabs on activities in the dining room and on the deck. Counters, cabinets and appliances wrap around four sides of the kitchen, and a roomy pantry nestles into one corner.
- Another vaulted ceiling expands the sense of spaciousness in the owners' suite, the only ground floor bedroom. Amenities here include a deep walk-in closet and a two-section bathroom with an oversized shower.
- You can overlook the vaulted great room while ascending the stairway to the upper level. Two more bedrooms, a bathroom, and a large bonus room are upstairs. One bedroom has a wider closet; the other bedroom is slightly larger overall.
- The bonus room has windows looking out the front. Ceilings slope down on the left and right.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,013 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,519 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 494 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 287 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 1"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 521 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12