Compact and Roomy Craftsman Cottage
About This Plan
- Craftsman-style tapered columns lend a nostalgic look to this otherwise contemporary cottage. These columns support this home's covered porch, which spans the front and wraps around to the right. A sparkling row of multipaned windows runs across the top of the garage door.
- Other Craftsman touches include stone veneer column supports and decorative gable accents, plus multipaned window uppers on three sides of the home.
- Inside, the foyer segues into a hallway that cuts right down the middle, dividing the house into two sides. Bedrooms and bathrooms comprise the right wing. A comfortably spacious family living area fills out the left side, behind the utility room and two-car garage up front.
- Enter from the garage to the kitchen/gathering space via the utility room or through the foyer with its extended passageway running by two bedroom hallways on the right, along with coat and storage closets on the left.
- The central living area gets loads of natural light from the windows on the rear wall. There is a corner gas fireplace and sliding glass door access to the partially covered patio. This area is connected to the C-shaped kitchen by a raised eating bar.
- The owners' suite has a roomy walk-in closet and a two-section bathroom with a double vanity and a large shower. One linen closet is tucked into the passageway to the suite. A similar linen closet is in the hallway to the secondary bedrooms and main bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,801 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,801 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 55' 0"
- Depth: 66' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 465 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12