Contemporary Prairie with Port-Cochere
About This Plan
- A contemporary prairie home boasting more than 3,000 square feet of living space. Its regal porte-cochere entrance is designed to extend out over a driveway.
- Two lofty doors swing open into a 13-foot-high foyer. Straight ahead, two sets of columns frame the entrance to a living room with a wide-hearthed fireplace. Den and dining room are to the left and right. All three of these rooms also have 13-foot ceilings, and windows fill most of their exterior walls.
- Luxury amenities in the master suite include a 10-foot coffered ceiling, two large walk-in closets, and a skylit master bath with twin vanities, oversized shower, private toilet, and elevated soaking tub. Double doors at the rear open onto a columned covered patio.
- Everyday life centers on the skylit kitchen and vaulted family room. A long eating counter provides partial separation and a fireplace adds cheer and warmth when skies turn dark. Other kitchen amenities include: a huge work island, walk-in pantry, built-in desk, and a plant shelf over the eating bar.
- A nook with built-in booth nestles into a sunny corner overlooking the home plan's patio, and a media room with an entertainment center is to the right. Utilities are close to both the kitchen and the secondary bedrooms, which share a two-section bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,065 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,065 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 80' 0"
- Depth: 68' 11"
- Max ridge height: 23' 10"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 1072 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss