Cottage With Pocket Doored Den
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Dormers and an inviting front porch are among a cluster of Craftsman features that lend nostalgic charm to this cottage house plan. Multipaned windows, along with cultured stone wainscoting and column supports, boost its appeal.
- Inside, windows fill most of the living room's rear wall, next to a gas fireplace and is completely open to a dining room that is windowed on two sides, and open to the kitchen on its fourth side. A mini-bathroom is centrally located.
- Standing at the kitchen sink, you can look out across the flush eating bar to the dining room, covered patio, and part of the living room. Counter space wraps around three sides of the C-shaped kitchen. Cupboards span two walls, while a generously sized walk-in pantry offers plenty of space.
- Laundry facilities are in a good-sized utility room with built-in cabinets. Direct entry to the garage is ideal for unloading groceries.
- The owners' suite and a den/home office fill the left side of the main floor, accessed via a vaulted foyer that runs next to the right-hand stairway. Pocket doors open into the den, which also has a closet. It could be furnished as a guest room, fourth bedroom, or put to other uses. Owners' suite amenities include a double vanity and a roomy walk-in closet.
- Two more bedrooms and a bathroom are upstairs, along with a vaulted attic and a much larger vaulted bonus room.
- The roof has a 6:12 pitch.