Country House Plan with Vaulted Spaces
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Welcome. That's the feeling you get, looking at this country style home. Elements that contribute to the impression include: perky front gables with half-round windows, a wide wrap around porch, and a wealth of front facing windows. Brick work adds a contemporary flavor.
- Inside, the vaulted great room is bright and spacious. Flames and warmth can be enjoyed from either side of the view through fireplace that separates the living area from the kitchen. In the kitchen, skylights provide natural illumination and more light streams in through the garden window and bayed sun room. A small skylit covered porch is handy for outdoor dining.
- Guests can sit on the stools by the eating bar while the cooks do their magic. The pantry is larger than most, and utilities are tucked in a pass through space that connects to the garage.
- Bay windows in the dining room and den face onto the porch. The office/den, equipped with double doors and private access to the hall bathroom, could serve as a guest room.
- A vaulted ceiling adds to the elegance of the master suite. Other luxury features include: a bayed sitting area, huge walk in closet, extra large tub and shower, and twin basins.
- On the second floor of the home, a bridge overlooks the great room and entry. Identical bedrooms are large, with graceful half-round windows. Occupants share a two section bathroom, although the storage closet by bedroom three could be finished as another bathroom. Extra storage, or living space, could be developed in the bonus room over the garage, and still more attic space is behind the bathroom.