Cozy Log home for All Seasons
About This Plan
- This is a cozy, window-bright log home plan, designed for construction as a vacation retreat. But there's no reason a single person or small family couldn't live in it year-round, if they desired.
- Log exteriors are noted for their ease of maintenance, and equally impressive for their natural insulating qualities. Interior walls can be as rustic or sophisticated as the owners' tastes.
- In this plan, the great room and kitchen flow together, creating a large open space, naturally illuminated by the light that washes in through six large windows and two small ones. The high ceiling is vaulted, adding to the sense of spaciousness.
- Modern and well equipped, the kitchen is also surprisingly large for a dwelling with only 960 square feet of interior floor space. Oven, microwave and dishwasher are built-ins, and you can quickly turn out piles of hotcakes or burgers using the griddle in the work island's cooktop.
- Cabinets below boost storage capacity, and the large island also adds more counter space. A roomy pantry is around the corner, right past the compact washer/dryer combination. Another small storage area nestles into the space by the rear door. Pegs there are ideal for hanging coats, and it has a few shelves above.
- A vaulted ceiling adds volume to the bedroom. It has one front-facing window, a closet, and another small storage section with built-in shelves. The study could be used as another bedroom, if desired, but it has no closet. Pull-down stair access to the attic is here.
- The bathroom is compact. Even so, it has an oversized shower, and is conveniently located for quick access through the screened porch and rear door.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 960 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 960 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 50 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): Log
- Width: 32' 0"
- Depth: 41' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 4"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss