Craftsman Cottage with Alley-access Garage and 3 Bedrooms
About This Plan
- This home plan features a railed front porch that spans the entire front of the home and has a rear access alley-style garage.
- Inside, one large gathering space fills the left side of the home. Nothing structural divides the area, so furniture arrangements must take on the role of marking the boundary between the front-facing living room and the rear-access dining room. French or atrium doors open into a back yard that could be outfitted with a deck or patio.
- Standing at the kitchen range, you face into the dining room across a long eating bar. Overhead cabinets also help divide the two spaces, while adding to available storage. This large kitchen has plenty already, including a walk-in pantry under the stairs.
- A small powder room just off the kitchen is tucked in the short passageway to the utility room. That room, in turn, connects to the garage. The deep sink in the garage does double-duty as a laundry sink, or a wash-up tub after yard chores or car repairs.
- The master suite fills most of the right wing boasts a roomy walk-in closet and a private bathroom with double vanity and oversized shower.
- Two more bedrooms are upstairs, where they share a bathroom equipped with a tub/shower combination. The rear bedroom is slightly larger than the one in front and has a small walk-in closet. Two storage spaces, deep and wide, nestle under the sloping roof lines.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,580 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,064 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 516 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 46' 0"
- Depth: 58' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 445 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Rear
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss