Craftsman Cottage With Sturdy Front Porch
1 - 2
About This Plan
- Stout columns support the gabled front porch on this Craftsman bungalow. The floor plan is flexible, making it equally suitable for a couple in need of a single bedroom or a family home with two with the den in front playing two roles.
- The entry off the porch greets you to views that extend all the way to the back of the home where a covered patio awaits to enjoy the views outside. At 10' in depth, that space makes a great outdoor living room.
- The main portion of the home has an open floor plan with the living room, dining room and kitchen all open to each other. A fireplace on the back wall is flanked by pairs of sliding doors giving you access to the back patio.
- The master has a tray ceiling and access to the patio. A walk-in closet is a nice feature in a home this size.
- The family entry off the garage has built-in storage cubbies plus a closet to help reduce clutter, plus laundry tucked away in an alcove.
- The roof has a 6:12 main pitch and an 8:12 secondary pitch.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,610 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,610 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1 or 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 72' 6"
- Max ridge height: 24' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 470 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss