Craftsman Cottage with Welcoming Front Porch
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This contemporary Craftsman cottage is larger than it looks. This two-story home plan boasts four bedrooms, plus a large bonus room over the garage. Its wide-open gathering space fills the entire right side of the home, front to back.
- The welcoming front porch is highlighted by iconic tapered columns mounted on stone veneer bases.
- A stairway directly ahead of the entry leads to bedrooms on the second floor. The roomy coat closet nestles under the far end of the stairs, near the juncture of the dining room and kitchen. To the left, a short hallway runs past a mini-bathroom and a door to the garage before reaching the utility room and the owners’ suite.
- Natural light washes into the linked gathering space through wide windows on the exterior wall. More spills in at the rear, through a window over the kitchen sink and an atrium door that leads out onto the covered patio. Counters, cupboards, appliances and a pantry line up along four sides of the kitchen. A flush eating bar invites conversations with family and friends.
- The owners’ suite is the only ground-level bedroom. Amenities include a roomy walk-in closet and a bathroom with a shower and dual vanity.
- Three more bedrooms, a full bathroom and a bonus room are upstairs. In the bathroom, natural light beams in through a high window over the tub. A doorway at the top of the stairs opens into the bonus room, which has one large window on its exterior wall.