Craftsman Home Plan with Vaulted Ceilings
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This Craftsman ranch-style cottage is designed to sit on land that slopes down at the rear.
- About three-fourths of the floor space is on the ground level, including the owners' suite. Vaulted ceilings in the great room, dining room and owners' suite increase the overall sense of expansiveness throughout. An abundance of natural light washes into the linked gathering spaces, through windows that fill much of the rear wall. One of the twin atrium windows in the dining area opens onto an elevated, easily screenable deck.
- You enter into a skylit gallery foyer. Doors along the right open into the owners' suite, a coat closet, and a small, conveniently located bathroom. Direct access to a deep two-car garage with a utility sink is on the left, near where the foyer feeds into the great room. Flames in the fireplace there can also be enjoyed from the kitchen, which boasts a roomy walk-in pantry.
- A deep storage closet nestles under the stairway, right next to the den and a generously sized utility room with cabinets and a folding counter. This room can double as an extra bedroom or be outfitted as a home office. Its rectangular window bay could hold a cozy window seat.
- His-and-hers closets and vanities flank the skylit passageway through the owners' suite's private bathroom. The toilet and a roomy walk-in shower hide behind a pocket door at the rear.
- Two similar sized bedrooms and a bathroom are upstairs. The rear room is brighter and feels more spacious due to its twin skylights and vaulted ceiling.
- The roof has a 6 on 12 pitch.