Down Home Southern Charm
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This beautiful house plan welcomes you with an arched entry and wrap-around porch. As you enter a curved staircase graces the foyer as you gain a glimpse into the two-story family room. A formal dining room is just off the foyer and includes a columned entry and access to a butlers pantry and the wrap around front porch. The study with its corner fireplace also flanks the foyer.
- The 2-story family room is the heart of the home. A large fireplace, two-story windows and cantilevered balcony all add drama to the space. French doors lead to a spacious porch area with flagstone floors and multiple skylites allowing in generous amounts of light.
- A second staircase is located between the family room and kitchen for convenience while providing balance to the large open floor plan. The kitchen includes an island positioned towards the breakfast room and its wall of windows. The breakfast room and kitchen have an adjacent laundry, mud and powder room.
- The master bedroom is quite large and includes a private entrance to the porch along with a treyed ceiling and a wall of windows facing the back yard. The master bath has a corner tub with a columned entry, a glass shower, private toilet and large walk-in closet.
- As you go up the back staircase you can gaze into the family room through the open webbing of a large wood truss. All four upstairs bedrooms have private baths. A work nook, cedar closet and laundry chute completes the upstairs space.
- The large bonus room offers added space if needed. The Sonoma, as featured in "Better Homes and Gardens" special interest publications / home planning ideas has a down home southern charm with contemporary living space.