Four or Five-Bedroom Farmhouse Plan
About This Plan
- Designed for the large family, this country farmhouse offers five bedrooms, one of which could be used as an office or for home schooling.
- Elegant French doors access the formal dining room from the kitchen, where a pantry closet and built-in desk add convenience. A covered porch is located off the great room with its fireplace. Another covered porch wraps around the front and side of the home.
- A 10' tray ceiling tops the master bedroom, which opens to a luxurious bath with a spa tub and a walk-in closet.
- Upstairs, three family bedrooms share a bath. A recreation room on this floor makes a perfect children's gathering place, and a bonus room allows for expansion.
- Related Plans: Get a 2-car garage with house plan 6528RF. Move the master to the second floor with house plan 6537RF. Get more space with house plan 6539RF (3,005 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,599 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,602 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 997 sq. ft.
- Storage: 215 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 728 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 385 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,602 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 71' 8"
- Depth: 57' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 967 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss