French Country Beauty And Elegance
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- From facade to floor plan, beauty and elegance resonate throughout this estate home plan. A low-swept gable, stone cladding, and arched dormers flavor this home's exterior with French Normandy graces. Columns and curved braces announce formal and informal entries, which flank a tall stone-clad tower.
- The formal entrance displays a column-lined foyer, a large formal dining room, and - through an arch - a great room with vaulted ceiling, bay window, fireplace, and built-in media center.
- Down a hallway, double doors lead into a rich library, with fireplace, bookshelf, and access to a partially covered patio. The informal entrance leads into a spacious laundry and mudroom area. This space - with its large central island - is also ideal to use as a family craft space and gift-wrapping center.
- Adjacent to the laundry room is the kitchen, where criss-crossing beams stud the ceiling to create the feel of an Old World, hearth-centered kitchen. Double ovens and dishwashers, a 48-inch-wide refrigerator, and an octagonal-shape breakfast nook, help today's cooks entertain.
- An offshoot from the kitchen, the office provides a built-in, wraparound desk and windows on three sides.
- The main-level master suite is a self-contained retreat with relaxing features such as a two-sided fireplace, a large soaking tub, walk-in shower, and massive closet with built-in dresser and folding counter. Three additional bedrooms and baths, as well as an optional finished room, are on the upper level.