Home Plan to Build in Stages
2 - 4
About This Plan
- A corner entry porch greets you to this country cottage. The simple layout of this plan makes it easy and inexpensive to build while the detailing on the front provides plenty of character.
- The plan is designed to be expandable so that it can be built in two stages. Start by building only the main level to create a one story, 2 bed room, 1 bath starter home. The attic area has been pre-planned so that it can accommodate two additional bedrooms and an additional bath. The upper level can be built initially but for the cost conscience owner, it can be finished out later.
- A host of energy efficient features allows this home to be heated and cooled for about half the price of heating and cooling a traditionally constructed home without adding additional construction costs.
- Interior features include a living room with a brick wood burning energy-efficient fireplace.
- The kitchen offers a built in snack bar and easy access to the utility room.
- All bed rooms are generously sized and most have walk-in closets.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,282 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,282 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 644 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 48 sq. ft.
- Storage: 54 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Full bathrooms: 1 or 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 46' 0"
- Depth: 34' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick