Mountain Country House Plan with Large Screened Porch
4 - 5
About This Plan
- This mountain, country house plan, drenched in classic farmhouse features, includes a parking courtyard created by the protruding double garage. A breezeway connects the garage to the home, which helps when unloading groceries during inclement weather.
- A gable frames the formal entry, and the vaulted ceiling carries through the great room and onto the back screened porch. A fireplace anchors the right wall of the great room, and adds to the overall ambiance of the open dining area and kitchen.
- A large prep island boosts workspace in the kitchen, and a built-in desk nearby provides a communal space for electronics. Utilize the adjacent pantry for oversized appliances and dry food storage.
- Truly relax without the hassle of bugs on the expansive screened porch, which connects to a sun deck. Convert a portion of the porch into a sun room, if preferred.
- The divine master bedroom takes over the right wing of this home, complete with an elegant vaulted ceiling. Dual closets line the hallway that leads to the 5-fixture en suite, where a standalone tub serves as a central piece of art. A second bedroom on the main level, includes a full bath and private entrance; ideal for in-laws or guests.
- The fun continues on the lower level with a wet bar in the social room, which extends outdoors onto a sizable patio. Also downstairs, discover a wine cellar, theater room, and two bedrooms. Golf lovers may choose to utilize one of the bedrooms for a golf simulator.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 5,303 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 2,134 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,644 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 525 sq. ft.
- Storage: 162 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,134 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 4 or 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 92' 0"
- Depth: 87' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 714 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 10' 0" First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"