Nostalgic Shingle Style Home Plan
About This Plan
- This shingle-style house plan has an invitingly nostalgic look, while its interior boasts a floor plan designed with a contemporary family in mind.
- The two-story, four-bedroom home has an expansive great room on the ground floor, as well as a vaulted recreation room on the second level.
- A railed porch extends to the left of the vaulted entry, which is framed by tapered columns and crowned by a king post and struts. Natural light spills into the entry hall through a framed glass panel in the top half of the door, plus sidelights and transom windows.
- Double doors open into a living room on the left. Or make it a home office or study instead.
- Just past the coat closet and stairway, the hallway opens out into a great room with a ceiling that's two stories in height. Windows on the far side frame and arch over the gas fireplace on two levels.
- Ceiling height drops to nine feet where the great room transitions into the dining room and kitchen.
- Sliding glass doors offer access to a partially covered patio, and a spacious kitchen fills the left end. A raised eating bar rims the large work island where it fronts the dining area, and a roomy walk-in pantry completely fills one corner.
- Direct access to the garage is just around the corner from the kitchen, along with a pass-through utility room that leads to a bathroom and a guest room.
- The spacious owners' suite fills the 's entire right wing. Amenities here include a large walk-in closet and another smaller one, plus a luxurious bathroom with a spa tub, over-sized shower, double vanity, and totally private toilet.
- Two more bedrooms and a bathroom are upstairs.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,963 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,083 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 880 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 65' 0"
- Depth: 58' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 784 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss