Quaint Country Home with Plenty of Nostalgia
About This Plan
- It’s easy to envision relaxing on an old-fashioned porch swing or a set of cushioned wicker furniture on the front porch of this Country house plan.
- The home is well suited to the needs of a growing family, or empty nesters wishing to age in place.
- Bright, open gathering spaces fill the home’s core, bedrooms line up along the right, and everything is on one level.
- The foyer becomes a hallway that leads into the kitchen/great room at the rear.
- Before arriving there, it passes the den, two bedrooms, a large utility room and the owners’ suite.
- The den could be a home office, craft or art studio, exercise room—you name it.
- The utility room links with the garage and is outfitted with storage cabinets, a broom closet, and a long counter.
- Windows fill much of the great room’s rear wall, next to a gas fireplace nestled in one corner.
- An eating bar rims the work island that bounds the kitchen and great room.
- The dining room is to the left, as is a covered patio that could easily be screened.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,009 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,009 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 62' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 522 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick