Rugged Lodge-Like Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Built in the tradition of a grand lodge, this house plan is equally well suited for construction in an upscale neighborhood or a retreat setting. King posts and arched struts accent gable ends, and that's just the beginning of its visual appeal. Stone veneer, Craftsman windows, and three intriguing garage doors give the eye plenty to linger over.
- Covered porches flank a vaulted portico that extends a warm welcome, then leads into a wide, high-ceilinged foyer. Angling left brings you into a sumptuous owners' suite with an extra-large walk-in closet. Its bathroom boasts an oval soaking tub in its own window-bright alcove, plus dual basins, private toilet and large shower.
- At the foyer's end, you enter the bright and spacious gathering spaces. Windows fill most of the great room's rear wall, and one of them is an atrium door that opens on a vaulted and skylit covered patio. A gas fireplace is a nice touch.
- The dining room and kitchen are partially open to the great room and fully open to each other across a long, gracefully curved eating bar. The wide window bay makes this an exceptionally bright space. A roomy pantry fills one corner of the kitchen, and a work island with a prep sink adds to the abundant counter space.
- Another bedroom suite is nearby, as are a large utility room, direct garage access, and stairs to this house plan's upper floor, which could easily be an independent apartment.
- As designed, this floor comprises a library open to a large recreation room and a wet bar that's almost a full kitchen. A third bedroom suite is also on this level, along with a study, a large bathroom and a storage room.