Shingle Style Classic with Lighthouse Tower
About This Plan
- Based on the traditional shingle-style classic American cottage, the main spaces of this luxury house plan wrap around a center courtyard and every room opens onto a porch for ventilation.
- The continuous flow of movement between indoors and outdoors makes it highly suitable for waterfront living. While spacious, the individual areas of the house have a scaled-down feeling of comfort that is usually reserved for smaller homes.
- With a master bedroom and a guest room on the main level plus up to four bedrooms upstairs, the house easily accommodates adult or family living as a primary or secondary home.
- Interesting intersections, curved windows and walls, layered moldings, intriguing nooks, and detailed woodwork combine creating a feast for the eye.
- The courtyard pulls fire and water into the equation with a reflecting pool, Jacuzzi and brick fireplace.
- One wall of the salon provides access to the courtyard with two sets of sliding French doors, while another opens to a veranda. With all the doors thrown wide, the grand salon becomes an expansive space perfect for hosting a large crowd.
- The middle of the kitchen and keeping room is vertically open to a balconied area on the story above and a dramatic fireplace on one wall contributes to the warmth of the area.
- And yes, the lighthouse portion is fully accessible. The Ultimate Home Office features a Captain's Walk and can include a conference room (or make this a 5th bedroom).
Optional Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 6,921 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,855 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 3,066 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4, 5, or 6
- Full bathrooms: 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 113' 0"
- Depth: 86' 6"
- Max ridge height: 36' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 880 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side, Rear