Skinny Rustic Farmhouse-Inspired ADU House Plan Under 800 Square Feet
About This Plan
- This rustic home plan captures all of the charm and style of a large farmhouse and presents it in a compact, easy to build package. At just under 800 square feet, it’s a great option for the single person or couple that knows exactly what they need from their home.
- Approaching the home, you’ll see the large bank of windows that look out of the great room. Just to the left is the entry, which puts you right in the great room. Once inside the home, you’ll get a real sense for how much bigger this home lives than the square footage would make you think. With a vaulted ceiling, adjoining dining room, fireplace, and folding door access to the outdoor living space, it’ll feel like you’re in a much larger home. Just off of the great room is a lovely den, something not often found in homes of this size.
- The kitchen of this modern farmhouse plan is fully featured and includes an island/bar for more informal dining. Tons of counter space, thoughtful appliance placement, and natural light make this kitchen a surefire winner. A full bathroom lies just beyond the kitchen, and even includes hookups for stackable appliances. Just past the bathroom is the vaulted bedroom. This is a really special bedroom; you’ll get a fireplace, a vaulted ceiling, a walk-in closet, and last but not least, separate access to the covered outdoor space.
- Rounding out the floor plan of this modern barn house is a large outdoor storage closet, perfect for landscaping equipment, outdoor furniture, or anything else you might need a little extra space for.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 791 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 791 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 30' 0"
- Depth: 36' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 7' 9"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 2 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick