Smart Prairie-Style Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- On the exterior, this richly windowed home plan exhibits many of the classic features seen in the Prairie-style homes of the early 20th century. Its interior is fully attuned to the lifestyles of 21st century families.
- In the vaulted great room at its core, natural light washes down through three large skylights and spills in through the wall of windows at the rear. A stone veneer fireplace is accented by a high shelf with uplighting.
- Standing at the kitchen sink, you can scan this entire space across a long counter that wraps around to the rear.
- A flush eating bar rims the counter's peninsular rear section where it bounds the bayed dining area. Wide sliding glass doors here offer access to a sunny and vaulted three-season porch. Doors open onto rambling patios on both sides.
- The large central work island has a prep sink and built-in cook top.
- Double doors open into an elegant half-oval library/study, brightened by a window bay that delineates the room's unique shape. This room can also be reached from the foyer, as can the office across from it.
- Sleeping quarters are located on both sides of the gathering spaces. The owners' suite has a luxurious bathroom with a walk-in shower, walk-in tub, and large walk-in closet.
- A second bedroom, or guest room, is also in this wing. The third bedroom is on the far opposite side of the home, close to the utility room. It boasts a walk-in closet and private bathroom.
- This single-level plan is easily adaptable for wheelchair accessibility.