Spacious One-Story House Plan for a Corner Lot
About This Plan
- to take full advantage of a corner lot, this house plan looks good from many angles. The symmetrical, richly glassed central section spotlights an imposing brick colonnade. A classical keystone caps the entry arch. The wings are asymmetrical, each detailed differently.
- Vaulted ceilings expand the master suite along with all of the family living areas except the den. At the core is a huge family room, completely open to a spacious kitchen with plenty of workspace to accommodate multiple cooks. Windows flank the large fireplace in the family room, and there's an entertainment center tucked in the corner.
- Windows line the rear wall of the kitchen and morning room, creating another naturally bright space. A door provides patio access, handy for outdoor dining, and a large walk in pantry offers ample storage for canned goods and staples. Utilities, including a fold down ironing board, folding counter and sink, are just steps away from the kitchen, garage and secondary bedrooms.
- The master suite fills most of the left wing. It boasts a walk in closet as large as some bedrooms, and a sumptuous private bathroom with garden tub, twin basins, shower, linen storage and private toilet. Relaxing in the tub, you can enjoy gazing at blooms and foliage in the exterior planter, just outside the window. A door in the master suite opens onto a private, partially covered patio.
- Secondary bedrooms share a central bathroom with double vanity. A small powder room on the opposite side of the house serves visitors.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,878 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,878 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 114' 4"
- Depth: 67' 2"
- Max ridge height: 21' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 834 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12