Super Energy Saving 3 Bed Southern Style House Plan
About This Plan
- This 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house plan has large front and rear porches giving you great palces to sit and enjoy fresh air and views.
- Inside, the living room has a sloped ceiling rising to the upper level giving you a balcony overlook. The upper level balcony has built in book shelves. There are also built in book shelves in the living room.
- The kitchen is fully appointed and has an island with a raised bar, book shelves and a trash compactor. The adjacent utility room has a laundry sink and a large pantry.
- The dining room has a coffered ceiling and it is open to the kitchen and living room.
- The master suite bath has an appliance garage, glass shower, whirlpool tub, private toilet and dual sink vanity. The master closet, with dual clothes rods, has 32’ of hanging space.
- The front and rear porches feature beamed ceilings with beaded board ceiling finish.
- The garage comes with a built-in workbench, tons of storage and a large bonus room above which includes a half bath.
- This home is designed to cut the cost of heating and cooling in half. The construction documents numerous energy saving features that will save lots of energy over the life of the home. These include 2x6 exterior walls, a modified raised plate to allow 12" of ceiling insulation, insulated doors and windows, duct work located to insure no heat loss or gain and more.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,775 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,253 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 522 sq. ft.
- Storage: 684 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 684 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 369 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1 or 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 76' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 484 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick