The Perfect Cottage Retreat
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- MORE PHOTOS: see more photos of this house built in North Carolina in our Facebook photo album.
- The clapboard siding and shakes add a textural distinction often found in older mountain homes. The covered front porch wraps around the side of the house and is perfect for a rainy afternoon sit. The tin roof adds a rustic element as well.
- A cozy foyer greets you as you enter, with an open stair rail and a warm interior view of the family and dining rooms. This space is vaulted with exposed wood beams reinforcing the cottage theme. The stone fireplace of the family room can also be enjoyed from the dining and kitchen areas. Another stone fireplace is located on the screened porch, extending the living space outdoors.
- The kitchen is separated from the main living area by wood columns and a large functional island, preserving an open, spacious feeling. A small powder room is located next to the staircase adjacent the kitchen. The laundry room is on the main level for convenience to the master suite.
- The secluded entrance to the master bedroom makes it a quiet retreat. Bountiful closet areas are easily accessed between the bedroom and master bath. The bath is equipped with a double sink, a luxurious soaking tub and a private space for the toilet.
- Upstairs you will find two bedrooms each with a walk-in closet and bathroom. The family and dining rooms can be seen from the staircase and landing of the upper level, making this an ideal lookout.
- NOTE: If ordering the basement foundation, please allow 2 weeks for delivery. We will get you the crawlspace version while you wait.
- NOTE: Restrictions apply if building in Jackson County, NC and Cashiers, NC. Contact us for availability if building in these areas.