1200 Square Foot Cabin with Huge Front Porch
About This Plan
- This 1200 square foot rustic cabin house plan has a 48-foot wide and 8-foot deep front porch (and a smaller side porch) with timber supports giving it great curb appeal.
- An open concept area gives you a living room, dining room and kitchen with an island, corner pantry and double sink set under a window on the back wall.
- A single bedroom with bath and walk-in closet occupies the left side of the home. A laundry room and powder room - and a space for mechanicals - are found off the hallway.
- This Metal House Plan was designed with a Pre-Engineered Metal Building (PEMB) in mind. A PEMB is the most commonly used structure when building a barndominium. A PEMB can be engineered, fabricated and shipped to any location in the world and generally can be installed in a much shorter time than a traditionally framed home. Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings get a project in the dry very quickly and allow for interior build-outs to be convenient, not having to support roof loads.
- This metal house plan is available with 2x6 exterior framing by selecting it the Options menu.
Metal Wall Framing Detail
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,200 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,200 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 485 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 50 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 435 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Stem Wall, Monolithic Slab, Post Frame
- Standard Type(s): Metal
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 37' 0"
- Max ridge height: 11' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick Or Truss