3 Bed Ranch with 2 Dormers
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Its railed porch and country styling give a welcoming look to this 3 bed house plan. Expansive vaulted family living areas fill the left side; private spaces are on the right. A detached garage adds to the available living and storage space. The upper story could be outfitted as a recreation room, artist's studio, band rehearsal space, or even a studio apartment.
- The ceiling in the vaulted family room sweeps up to its apex from the front door, then slopes down to the rear over the kitchen and dining area. Natural light washes into the family room through a street-facing window bay, plus two side windows, and two overhead dormers.
- On the left, the family room flows into the dining room, which is open to the kitchen across a counter rimmed by an eating bar. Standing at the kitchen sink, you face into the dining room, where you can also keep an eye on the covered patio, through wide sliding glass doors. More light washes into the kitchen through windows on five sides of its octagonal nook. Family members will enjoy starting their mornings here.
- A spacious owners' suite fills out the rear half of the bedroom wing. Viewed from behind the house, the octagonal bay that wraps around its spa tub is a smaller echo of the kitchen's nook. Inside, it creates a luxurious environment for soaking and relaxing. The roomy walk-in closet provides plenty of hanging space with storage shelves above.
- Secondary bedrooms share the main floor bathroom. The room on the right is slightly larger and has a side window in addition to the one in front. Light streaming down through a solar tube brightens the left bedroom. Shelves line one side of a conveniently placed utility room.
- Added bonus: the house plan comes with a detached two car garage design has a shop in the back with stairs that lead up to attic storage.