4 Bed Prairie Style House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- MORE PHOTOS: Check out more photos of this home in our Facebook and Google+ photo albums.
- Wide overhanging eaves, a low-pitched hipped roof, and an emphasis on horizontal lines help define this Prairie Style housoe plan. Massive squared porch supports add to the overall impression. This large home boasts more than 3000 square feet of living space, plus a 900 square foot 3-car garage. The 2-story foyer leads to a cluster of richly windowed gathering spaces that fill most of the ground floor.
- Counters, cabinets and appliances wrap around three sides of a large kitchen that is fully open to the dining room. Sliding glass doors at the rear of the dining area link with a partially covered patio, while the wide opening on its right flows into the high-ceilinged great room.
- Natural light washes into this expansive space through wide windows that fill most of the rear wall. Its gas fireplace, nestled between two banks of shelves or cabinets, serves as a warm and colorful focal point on gray days and dark nights. A full bathroom, garage access, and a large den are down the hall, just past stairs to the bedrooms.
- On the upper level, part of the landing is a balcony that overlooks the foyer. Double doors at the rear of the landing open into the luxurious owners' suite. Notable features include a deep walk-in closet, oversized walk-in shower, twin vanities, a soaking tub, and a totally private toilet.
- Three more bedrooms, a two-section bathroom and a utility room are to the right of the stairs. Two of the secondary bedrooms have walk-in closets. Bedroom four doesn't, but it is larger than the other two, and windowed on two sides.