4-Bed Transitional House Plan with Large Family Room with Coffered Ceiling
About This Plan
- This 4-bed transitional house plan blends traditional style with fresh, contemporary lines. The multitude of gables and mixed use of sidings are a traditional hallmark while the stark, clean lines and windows are modern. The footprint of the design allows for a highly desirable side entry garage even on a modest building site.
- The first floor is anchored by a large family room with a coffered ceiling and warming fireplace. The kitchen has an island that provides functional space for the cook and gathering space - there is seating on the family room side - at the same time.
- The dining space is oriented towards the rear and opens onto a screened porch.
- The master suite is on the main level and located to ensure peace and quiet. A guest suite is also located on the main floor, perfect for an elderly parent or a home office.
- The upper level provides for two secondary bedrooms, a hall bathroom. There is an optional bonus room as well and can serve as additional bedroom space or recreation area.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,686 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,987 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 699 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 334 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,987 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 68' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 543 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side, Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick