Barn-like House Plan with Rear-access Garage
About This Plan
- The gable roof above the rectangular footprint of this 4-bedroom home plan - designed using conventional 2x6 framing - resembles a barn, while allowing for a grand vaulted ceiling in the front open living area.
- The timber-framed front porch greets your guests, and double doors part to guide you into the heart of the home. The kitchen, dining area, and great room are open with peek-a-boo views into the loft above.
- The kitchen island hosts a double-bowl sink and offers seating for casual meals and conversation, and a nearby walk-in pantry lends plenty of storage space.
- Down the hall, discover 4 bedrooms; two share a Jack-and-Jill bath, and the master includes a 5-fixture bath and walk-in closet.
- A playroom is tucked into the back of the home, across the hall - and mudroom - from the oversized utility room.
- The garage is attached to the rear of the home and accessible from the rear. Above, get 941 square feet of future expansion off the loft.
- Related Plan: Get an alternate version with house plan 68888VR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,184 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,844 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 340 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 384 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 915 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Crawl, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 38' 6"
- Depth: 121' 3"
- Max ridge height: 22' 11"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 923 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Rear
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick