Barndominium-style House Plan with Soaring Cathedral Ceiling with Exposed Beams
About This Plan
- This barndominium-style (it is built using conventional framing) 3-bed plan has attractive board and batten siding, a standing seam metal roof, and a large pergola. Large windows on two sides help bring the outdoors in.
- Inside, the main living area is arranged in an open layout. The entire home feels massive due to its 12' wall height. The great room, dining room, and kitchen all lie under a soaring cathedral ceiling with exposed beams. The great room is warmed by a fireplace that is flanked by built-in bookshelves. A home office is located off the great room and includes a built-in desk.
- The kitchen includes a large island with a snack bar. The kitchen also includes a huge walk-in pantry with built-in shelves. The dining room leads out to the covered patio through a large sliding glass door.
- The master suite is located on the left side of the home and features a decorative trayed ceiling. The master bathroom includes a soaking tub, his/her vanities, an enclosed toilet area, and a walk-in shower. A coffee bar leads from the master suite to a private covered patio on the rear of the home.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 share a Jack and Jill bathroom and each has access to its very own walk-in closet.
- The massive 3-car garage includes a large bay with an oversized door for RVs. The garage accesses the home through a functional mud room that includes a bench and lockers.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,752 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,752 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 144 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 144 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 113' 0"
- Depth: 59' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Type: RV Garage, Attached
- Area: 1462 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 12' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 0 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss