Blend of Charm and Function
About This Plan
- The Craftsman-style front dormer, handrailed front porch, tapered columns and porte cochere all add to the nostalgic charm to this two-story Craftsman bungalow.
- Soft light spills into the vaulted foyer through sidelights and glass near the top of the Craftsman door. The stairway that angles up the right wall leads to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Straight ahead is a coat closet, which makes good use of the under-stair space.
- Family living areas fill the main floor. A wide opening on the left side of the foyer feeds into a large living room with a wide triplex of windows facing the porch, and two standard-sized windows arrayed along the other outside wall. Slender wall segments mark the juncture of the living room and dining room.
- The dining area is also naturally bright, due to matched windows that flank its gas fireplace. An opening on the opposite wall provides access to a convenient powder room, and a good-sized hobby room, or home office, windowed on two sides. A pocket door in the hobby room opens into a utility room, fully outfitted with a utility tub and a wide folding counter. Another door leads out to the porte cochere.
- A second set of slender wall segments marks where the dining room segues into the C-shaped kitchen. A conversation bar rims one side of its central work island. The roomy and partially recessed walk-in pantry is next to a door leading out onto a cozy covered patio.
- A detached 2-car garage comes with the plans.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,026 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,138 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 888 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 44' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 7"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 528 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss