Brick-Clad French Country House Plan with Split Bedrooms
About This Plan
- This French Country house plan, clad in brick and topped by a hip and valley roof, features a double garage that protrudes from the front of the home. Metal roof accents complete the design.
- From the front door, minimal walls between the shared living spaces provide clean sightlines for easy daily interactions. A corner fireplace warms the space, and a rear porch is ideal for grilling or dining outdoors.
- An angled island helps to define the kitchen and houses a double-bowl sink, and a nearby pantry lends additional storage space.
- The master bedroom resides behind the 2-car garage, and includes a 5-fixture bathroom and walk-in closet. Across the home, two family bedrooms share a Jack-and-Jill bath.
- A storage room in the garage helps organize lawn supplies and equipment, and the laundry room just inside neighbors a half bath.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,974 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,974 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 238 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Monolithic Slab, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Daylight, Crawl, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 2"
- Depth: 71' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 649 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12