Brightly Illuminated House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Large front windows and a wide front porch give a welcoming look to the house plan, a compact three-bedroom home with a surprising sense of spaciousness. Four sets of slender posts add graceful charm to the front porch, while wooden handrails provide partial privacy.
- This plan is traditional in having all of the bedrooms upstairs, yet the layout of the main floor is quite contemporary.
- Dining room and living room flow together. A lofty vaulted ceiling peaks near the stairway and slopes down toward the front of the living room and the rear of the dining room.
- Wide windows fill most of the front and back walls, and more light spills in through an equally large window on the side wall. A pocket door opens to link with the kitchen, or closes to provide separation.
- The spacious great room that fills the back of the house has a fireplace at one end and a kitchen at the other. Only a raised eating bar marks the boundary, and the entire space is naturally illuminated by windows: over the sink, along the rear, and next to the fireplace.
- Laundry appliances are nearby, in a passthrough space that links with the garage. Across the hallway from the laundry room is a coat closet, tucked under the stairway.
- To the left of the entry is a room that could be used as a den, library, home office, or even another bedroom. A small bathroom is right across the hall.
- Two more bathrooms are upstairs. One serves the master suite and the other is shared by the occupants of the secondary bedrooms, both of which have direct access.