Brightly Illuminated House Plan
About This Plan
- Large front windows and a wide front porch give a welcoming look to the house plan, a compact three-bedroom home with a surprising sense of spaciousness. Four sets of slender posts add graceful charm to the front porch, while wooden handrails provide partial privacy.
- This plan is traditional in having all of the bedrooms upstairs, yet the layout of the main floor is quite contemporary.
- Dining room and living room flow together. A lofty vaulted ceiling peaks near the stairway and slopes down toward the front of the living room and the rear of the dining room.
- Wide windows fill most of the front and back walls, and more light spills in through an equally large window on the side wall. A pocket door opens to link with the kitchen, or closes to provide separation.
- The spacious great room that fills the back of the house has a fireplace at one end and a kitchen at the other. Only a raised eating bar marks the boundary, and the entire space is naturally illuminated by windows: over the sink, along the rear, and next to the fireplace.
- Laundry appliances are nearby, in a passthrough space that links with the garage. Across the hallway from the laundry room is a coat closet, tucked under the stairway.
- To the left of the entry is a room that could be used as a den, library, home office, or even another bedroom. A small bathroom is right across the hall.
- Two more bathrooms are upstairs. One serves the master suite and the other is shared by the occupants of the secondary bedrooms, both of which have direct access.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,802 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,061 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 741 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 41' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 456 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 2nd Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available