Bungalow With Open Floor Plan & Loft
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This bungalow is a modern take on the classic Craftsman house plan. The exterior features tapered front columns, a deep, covered front porch, a windowed roof gable and extensive use of natural materials. All of this plus an floor plan - and loft - make this a great home plan.
- As you enter this Craftsman house plan, you'll see two half stone columns framing a covered porch. As you walk into the living room, with its fireplace and 9'-ceilings, to your left is a half-bath, stairs to the second story and an office. Beyond the living room is the dining room with no intervening wall between the two rooms. A kitchen island with a sink and plenty of counter space is the only thing separating the kitchen from the dining room which combines to create a great flow and sense of openness. To the left of the dining room is the master bedroom and bath. The master suite features 9'-ceilings, a large bathroom with a walk-in shower, and a generous closet.
- Upstairs, a lovely loft gets great natural light thanks to a row of windows. This extra room could make a perfect playroom, second office or library. Also on the upper story are two bedrooms with a bath between. At the very back of the house, you'll find a second outdoor living area to complement the front porch.
- The primary roof pitch is 10:12;the front gable is 6:12 and the front porch is 5:12.
- Related Plan: Get a farmhouse exterior with house plan 69415AM.