Charming Bungalow on a Budget
2 - 4
About This Plan
- This charming bungalow has lots of character and a reasonable budget! At just 2,964 square feet this efficient house plan will allow you to control building costs so you can afford to keep its eye-catching details including carriage-style garage doors, a stone-accented foundation, and gable brackets.
- The versatile floor plan will meet the needs of the empty-nester or young family. The den offers work-at-home space for down-sizing empty-nesters or it has the option to become a bedroom for the young couple who need a nursery.
- The kitchen island defines the cook's work space, yet maintains the openness that allows the cook to converse with those in the breakfast nook and great room. The island's arching bar is ideal whether serving a quick breakfast or laying out a buffet at a party.
- A plant shelf in the great room, columns in the entry and dining room, and a claw-foot master suite tub impart consistency with the early 20th century roots of bungalow architecture.
- When more space is needed for children and grandchildren, the lower level can be finished with two additional bedrooms, a rec room, bonus room, and large storage area.
- Related Plans: Fopr alternate versions, see these house plans - 6898AM, 69014AM.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,964 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 1,157 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,807 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 169 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Daylight, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Max ridge height: 22' 1"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 599 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss