Comfortable Cottage Plan with Main-Floor Master Bedroom
About This Plan
- The symmetrical front elevation of this square, cottage plan lends a sense of comfort, while the metal roof adds a modern element to the traditional country charm. A shed dormer completes the design.
- An 8 foot deep front and back porch encourages outdoor living, while half of the back porch is screened to help eliminate bugs.
- A powder bath rests just inside the front entry, near a hall closet. L-shaped kitchen counters overlook a breakfast nook, and a centrally located laundry room adds convenience while providing access to the master bathroom.
- The fireplace can be enjoyed throughout the living room and attached dining room, with access to the back porch.
- The master suite resides on the main level, and features a walk-in closet and full bathroom. Upstairs, a loft greets you at the top of the stairs, and leads to three secondary bedrooms that share a 4-fixture bath.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,043 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,170 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 873 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 157 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 483 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 45' 0"
- Depth: 26' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 4"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick