Compact and Efficient Southern House Plan
About This Plan
- As you step through the foyer of this compact Southern house plan, the rooms open up to reveal a bright and airy open layout.
- With banks of windows located on the rear of the home, this house plan can be an effective passive solar home if properly oriented. The massive window walls also provide excellent views from all of the main living spaces.
- A large front porch, an open terrace on the rear and a private terrace off the master bed room provides lots of outdoor living spaces to enjoy.
- Homeowners get a giant walk-in closet and a big spa tub in the master bathroom.
- This home has been carefully designed to be efficient to build and efficient to heat and cool.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,531 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,531 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 547 sq. ft.
- Courtyard: 208 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 47' 0"
- Depth: 78' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 484 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick