Cost-Friendly Craftsman with Full-Width Front Porch
About This Plan
- Four sets of slender posts support the front edge of the roof, creating an inviting full-width porch. These features, plus the multipaned upper window sashes, give a Craftsman-style flavor to this compact contemporary two-story plan. The front facade is so symmetrical that an old-fashioned porch swing could be hung at either end.
- Family gathering spaces are on the first floor and bedrooms are upstairs. Entering, you step into an area that faces the stairway and coat closet.
- On the right is a parlor with double doors that open into a room that could be furnished as either a den or dining room. With these doors standing open, the two rooms become one bright living area, windowed at both the front and back. The rear windows are actually a set of French doors that provide access to the backyard.
- Everyone loves to hang out in the kitchen, and this plan provides the space to do it without crowding the cooks. Standing at the range, you look across the eating bar into a large open space that could be furnished with a casual dining table, plus a couch or a couple easy chairs.
- A door here provides direct access to the garage. This feature will be especially appreciated when unloading groceries on dark, rainy or snowy days and nights.
- Laundry appliances are close by but out of sight, opposite the powder room in a hallway that connects the dining room and kitchen.
- Although the Master Suite is small, but has a long closet and a private bathroom with an oversize shower. Secondary bedrooms share a third bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,600 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 896 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 704 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 34' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 400 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick