Cottage Retreat with Finished Lower Level
3 - 4
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This cottage house plan draws its influence from early Appalachian architecture. The Craftsman entry doors bring you in to a vaulted, sunlit foyer with over-sized newel posts and railing.
- As you enter the family room, wood columns, beams and stone fireplace lend an intimate and cozy atmosphere. Over-sized bay windows bring in bright light and balance out the room.
- The eating room is surrounded by casement windows and has a sloped ceiling that adds volume. A deck can be accessed from this space.
- The gourmet kitchen with double ovens, 6-burner stovetop and a triple window make this space a joy to cook in. The fireplace stone wraps around into the kitchen to give this room warmth. A see-through area from the kitchen into the desk area adds an open feel as the stone continues into this area. This functions as a small office space with shelving and cabinets for storage.
- The main level bedroom with its own bath and laundry closet makes it a private suite. It is vaulted with wood beams and over-sized windows with transoms to provide an abundance of light.
- As you go upstairs a large double window in the stairwell gives you sunlight and outside views. Upstairs, the master bedroom has a unique sloped tray ceiling, a wall of windows and a walk-in closet. The vaulted bath has a double door entry, a corner soaking tub, large shower, built-in shelves with a double window for abundant light. Bedroom 3 has skylights, a sloped ceiling and a triple window. It has its own bath with large tiled shower and a walk in closet.
- The optional lower level office/apartment offers a bright sunlit room. This lower level is equipped with a kitchenette and full bath with large, tiled shower making this downstairs area very livable. The conference room or bedroom adds even more space to this area.
- A patio is located just outside the office and provides a quality outdoor living space.