Country Home Plan Under 1700 Square Feet with Wraparound Porch
About This Plan
- Family living spaces have a wide open, breezy feeling in this compact 1,650 square foot two-story country home plan well-suited to the needs of first-time homebuyers.
- The entire main floor is bright and spacious. Vaulted ceilings and windows on three sides give panoramic views to the great room. A wide bay window expands the front sitting area, but the shady porch keeps the light comfortably muted.
- Elbow room won't be a problem in this huge country kitchen. Long counters and a central work island provide space for two or three cooks to work at once without getting in each other's way. It also has plenty of cupboard space, including lazy susan shelving and a pantry. A French door opens onto a back deck.
- Utilities are tucked in a pass-through space convenient to both the kitchen and garage. A small powder room is also centrally located.
- All of the bedrooms are located upstairs. In the master suite, a sunny sitting area faces the street. Some homemakers might enjoy putting their sewing machine in this bright location. Other features include his and hers closets, and a private bathroom with oversized shower. The other two bedrooms share a bathroom with tub and shower combination.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,659 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 960 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 699 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 51' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 495 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss